• Manufactured from Non Magnetic and AISI 4145 H-MOD 30-36RC
• Available in Slick, Spiral and Flexi profile
• NS-1™ approved wear band application suitable for flexi non magnetic drill collars
• All our equipment is manufactured to NS-1™
• Can support any NS-2™, DS1 cat 3-5 and API operations
• Bespoke manufacturing to suit customer specific requirements
• 1st rental company worldwide to receive NS-1™ Facility Approval for drilling products
• In-house technical expert who designed wear band that inhibits excessive wear to tool joints and centre journals
• Cost effective to the customer
• Large inventory
• Fast response times
A component of a drill string that provides weight on bit for drilling. Drill collars are thick-walled tubular pieces machined from solid bars of steel.
All our equipment is manufactured to conform to NS-1™ and can support any NS-2 ™, DS1 cat 3-5 and API operations. Ongoing investment in new equipment enables HEMS to provide rental equipment that is in immaculate order and within spec. Our Drill Collars are manufactured from Non Magnetic and AISI 4145 H-MOD 30-36RC material in Slick, Spiral and Flexi profile.
Wear Band Application
Hunting has developed a wear band application for our Non Magnetic Flexi Drill Collars that is applied to the tool joints and the centre journals, limiting the amount of wear that is typically experienced on this equipment.
The application has been tested and awarded a Fearnley Procter NS-1™ Level 2 certificate. The wear band application does not disturb the magnetic permeability of the tool. Following this application the hot spot inspection on the equipment provides results within the accepted ± 0.05 MT.
The application involves a semi automatic mig process together with a wear particle aggregate dropped into the molten weld pool.