• The Wireline Grab is normally run after a Wire Finder
• The Wireline Grab is used to grab the ball of wire that is left in the hole
• The Barbs tangle into the wire. The more the grab is pulled up, the tighter the wire grips the barbs
• The wire grab consists of a top complete with fishing neck and pin connection and a body with two or three bendable prongs
• Each prong has several pointed barbs welded on the inner side to form hooks
• The flexible design allows the operator to bend the grab prong ends to suit the inside diameter of the tubing
• The flexible design helps to prevent the wire grab from bypassing the broken line
The Hunting Wire Grab is designed to retrieve a broken wireline during fishing operations, after a split skirt wirefinder has been deployed to locate and ball the upper end of the wire in the well bore.