- Available in sizes 1-11/16-inches to 2-7/8-inches
- Stores energy until released or acts as a shock absorber for shallow well applications
- Hydraulically operated - the fluid acts like a spring
- Robust tool with few components
- Spline on the mandrel to ensure it can transmit torque load
- Robust design
The Hydraulic Intensifier is a straight pull-and-push intensifier tool, often referred to as an Accelerator. The tool stores energy until it’s released and can act as a shock absorber for shallow well applications.
Designed to run in conjunction with the Hydraulic Jar, the hydraulic fluid acts like a spring. Whether the tool is stroked open or closed, the fluid contained within the tool is compressed. With set down weight applied this ‘liquid spring’ provides a constant load down, and stored load when overpull is applied.
The stored energy is released in the over-pull scenario when a jar below is activated. With the sudden release of the jar, the stored energy within the Intensifier is immediately released. The impact delivered by the jar is then amplified, producing significantly more load than if the jar was run on its own.